Thursday 13 March 2014

Why use labels when you can use #hashtags!

Hello!
My name is Heidi Mäenpää and online I go as Kierokielo. I am a fourth year Media student at TAMK finalizing my Thesis project as we speak. I am focusing on game design in my studies, and mainly do visual development. I am also doing UI design, illustration and traditional painting whenever I have the time.

Here is a fancy picture of me (you would hire me now, wouldn't you?) and my logo. More info about it here.


 

I am also working at TAMK Social Robotics research group as a UI designer & animator. We are aiming to start a company in a couple of months when the TAMK project ends, and our main focus is providing physiotherapists with 3D animated instructions for their patients. We were accepted to Protomo to develop our business idea, so now all we need to do is start selling and get (hopefully) millions. ;)

Here are two NAO robots our unit received a few days ago. They are adorable and very smart! Our team is also part of two Demola projects which are developing concepts for these robots. I am leading the RoboCoach project and hoping to see amazing, and innovative, results in May when the project ends.



I love to travel around and visit places that inspire me somehow. One of the most beautiful places I have visited is the Grand Canyon. The place is huge. HUGE. In the picture you can probably see the two (ants) people standing near the ledge. If there is a place where everybody should visit, this is it. It is a long flight but totally worth it!



I also love sketching people. Especially when they are unaware of it...! I don't have much time for it at the moment, but I still try to do it as often as possible. This is one of my favorites, my grandpa :)



Other than these I watch practically every animation I can, listen to weird music and try to learn to code, or at least try to learn to understand code! I enjoy networking and meeting new people, especially at large gatherings like game conferences. Out of social media sites I think Twitter is the most fun, because it is the fastest. And people are usually hilarious! I just need to start tweeting more ;) 

And I need to stop taking pictures with Instagram. It is so pretty and easy though! Don't judge me! #shame #smile #thanksforreading




No comments:

Post a Comment