Thursday 6 March 2014

Introduction: Satu

Hello there!

I'm a first year student in TAMK, studying International Business but I'm more interested in fields of media especially Film and Television. I just can't get into those schools and I have to admit, this combination of Business and Media that I'm doing now through selective studies is turning out to be quite great.

I'm originally from Kotka, picture below, that is a Southeastern city in Finland. Beautiful during summers, ugly during winter time. But I left it over 10 years ago. Back then I moved to Helsinki, our capital, and a year later I moved to England to work as an au pair. Came back to Helsinki and after couple of years I found out that Tampere is the place to live in Finland. Though I did leave this place to live in Germany for a year and then again Helsinki because it's easier to get job from there. But as you can see, I'm a bit restless soul and I've been trying to find myself and I think I finally have. But I still get bored really easily.

Kotka. Photo by me, more in Pinterest

My hobbies. Films and Television. Photography. Films. Cooking. Films. Travelling. Films. 
I tend to say that films or movies, however you want to call them, are more important to me than people. Don't know about that really but my favourite place in the world is cinema and I rather go there alone. I am a social person too, I work as a bartender but I need my solitude and that time I prefer spending watching great films or these days, good television. I write about films and television too, you can find my blog here:


What else? My career ambition is to work in a production company the way that I could combine my business and media studies and my talent of seeing the talents of others. In the long run, I guess, I'd like to be executive producer, for HBO, for example. (I know, big dreams but hey: "If you can dream it, you can do it" -Walt Disney). I'm alright writer myself but because I want to be London based, I doubt if my English skills will ever be that good that I could actually write something that would get published/produced. So, hopefully I'll be able to help other people to realise their dreams while living my own.

A tourist aka me in LA


You can find me in Twitter as well: @satumaah

Take Care! 

BR, 

Satu 



No comments:

Post a Comment